Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Still On Go!!!!!

Hello again,

Day #3 of the blog. I keep my word...most of the time!!! I talked with the Sandflea today. Everything is still on go for the Rock. The car is ready, but he tells me that he is having trouble with the 12 volt system on the big truck. He said no problem, he'll fix that too. Sandy is sounding more up beat. I know he is tired, but like anyone, the closer the race gets, the better you feel.

I also talked with Jeremy Creasman today. He is coming to the Rock with a whole new combination. I want give it all away, but I will tell you it is not the black GXP that he has been running. Different car, different engine combo, same two speed powerglide. I think he said he ran a 4.13 testing last weekend. Can't wait to see it. Jeremy told us his motto for racing. He goes to drink beer and hang out with his friends. He just brings his car so he will fit in. Love that guy.

The pic is from the spring race at Rockingham. No special meaning. I just thought is was a cool pic. Sandy did win that race and it would make a good ending to a rough year to win the last race. I know the odds are against us. But Sandy did win 3 races in a row earlier this year. That's 15 rounds straight and 3 Ironmen. But let's be realistic. Three or four weeks ago, he did not know if he was going to make the last race. Now that the car is together and he has made a few runs, let's go try to qualify. If he accomplishes that, then let's try to make a round. If the car runs good with no major problems and we happen to lose first round, I still think the weekend will be a success. But who's kidding who. Any racer knows that their is no need to go if you're not planning on winning.

Don

No comments: