Sunday, October 12, 2008

It's About Time...........


Hey guys,

I am sure that title is what you are saying. I have no excuses, except for work and more work, a wife, kids in football and so on. Still, no excuses.

Let's get right to it. Sandy has been working furiously on his car to get to the World Finals in Rockingham, NC. As of Saturday, the car is basically together. The engine and drive line are in. The new stainless headers that turn out the side are on. These are hot! The main thing is the wiring. It just takes a lot of time. I have only been able to drive down one time to help, so it has pretty much been all Sandy. From what I can tell over the phone, he is worn out. I don't know if he will be able to test before the Rock. This Friday may be the first hit on the track.
I don't have any current pics of the car. But I will give you an idea of what it looks like. Look at the car on the home page and imagine a few scuffs from the wreck with a John Montecalvo front end on it. I mean red, white and blue. Sandy says if it goes straight and we don't have any major problems, who cares.

The first pic is what the car looked like when Sandy picked it up from Bickel's. The second pic is the car at Chuck Chapman's being prepped to have the front clip painted. The third pic is from Jerry Bickle Race Cars. If you notice the chassis in the lower left hand corner on the jig, Sandy's car was taking off that jig two days earlier. These guys waste know time in building a car. The fourth pic is a not so pretty pic of a blown rear trailer tire while coming home from the Carolina Dragway divisional. A 12 hour stay on the side of interstate 85 with a corner of the trailer in the highway. Not good.

I haven't talked with Sandy today, so I am not sure if the engine has been fired or what the progress is. I will talk with him tomorrow and try to up date you tomorrow night. I know you don't believe that, but I will try my best. I would like to blog every night this week up until I leave for the Rock on Thursday. That is only three more blogs. I can do it. I hope everything goes well for the Sandflea so he can race at the Rock. Talk to you tomorrow night.

Don

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I like the camping chair in the corner of the last pic... looks like sandy was sitting there waiting for the AAA guy to show up watching the blown tire. hoping maybe... just maybe it would fix it self....

-D