Thursday, January 13, 2011

Its a new year!




Well its been a while since this was updated. Good news I finally have Internet at the house again after not having it at home for over six years. So I guess its a new year and time to get back to blogging.


As many of you know I am now the Drag Racing Program Manager at Roush Yates Engines in Mooresville NC. It has been an interesting and exciting move for me. Numerous possibilities have come my way in the past few months and I just can't wait for 2011 to get underway.



One of the great things about my move to Mooresville has been the addition of a full sized race car shop for my personal drag racing. This is a picture of the new shop and the drywall being installed. Only four weeks until racing season begins so we need to get the ball rolling just a little faster in the construction department.




Next are a couple pictures of an intake manifold we are modifying at Roush Yates Engines. The pictures just go to show the extremely high level of fabrication we are able to accomplish at the shop.




The first picture is of the manifold after it was cut apart and placed on the new cylinder head and block combination.











The second picture is of the manifold after it has been welded back together.







And the third picture is after the dominator flange has been added and the manifold shot peened to look as original as possible.



Stay tuned for more racing news next week.
Sandy

No comments: