Friday, March 7, 2008

Thursday after the Rock! My bad!!

Hello again,


It is the Thursday after the first division 9 race at Rockingham. I know I said I would post the results Sunday night, but guess what! You know how it goes. After you lose, you are in a mad dash to load every thing up so you can get out of there and get home at a decent hour. I got home around 7 pm Sunday night. When I got home I had to make nice with the family and all that jazz. My excuse for not blogging is my job in outside sales that takes me down east everyday and an exhaust business I inherited due to my father's death. I get to do that every night. So their, I'm busy. But it is Friday. Yea!


So how did we do? As I posted in the Saturday blog, Sandy was on it this weekend. Two great runs Friday. Two great runs Saturday within two thousandth and .01 on the tree. First round we have Tracy Eddins in his 68 Camaro. Sandy is .01 and dead on, killing 6 mph if I might add. Great finish line driving. Second round we had to run the always tough Gary Bingham. And to make it even tougher, he always has his gorgeous daughter Lisa helping him. Focus Sandy. Well, Sandy is .o1 and one over on the breaks to barely get by the Binghams. That leads us to our last round of competition for the day. Round 3. We are running Mike White in his 63 Vette. Both guys are .01 on the tree and one over the dial with a .005 separation at the stripe. Not in our favor. It was good race, but looking back we might have let a round get by. The weather station told us it was going to run a 4.865 and we dialed an 86. We did not take in effect the sun on the track and it not getting any better. Should have held one. Regardless, congratulation goes out to Tim West on his win in Top Sportsman.


As you can see I posted one more pic of the race car transporter. (Happy Jeff?) It is kind of like here is the last pic because the new has worn off. Not! The trailer's hot. We were all hanging out Saturday night and when we finally ventured outside, we realized it was cold. Maybe not that extreme, but the trailer does have central heat and air and it was set on 65 degrees. Pretty sweet. The only trouble we had the entire weekend was the radiator hose on the generator busting. With the help of Jimmy Flint, Stacy Hall and IHRA starter Mr. Josh we were up and running in less than 30 minutes.


Over all I think it was a very successful weekend. The car ran flawless. I think Sandy has a good eighth mile combination and his driving was on with excellent finish line decisions. The trailer has turned out to be a very good investment and a great asset to the program.


We are looking forward to the next race which will be next weekend at Farmington Dragway near Winston Salem, NC. The dates are March 15 and 16. This is a great eighth mile track that Sandy got his first IHRA win on. We need to repeat that next weekend. The winner's circle is the only thing acceptable. We are looking forward to a lot of friends coming by. So make sure you stop by and hang out.


Later,


Don


P.S. Thanks to our new crew guy, Doug West, for his help this past weekend. Also thanks to our honorary crew member, Kari Arthur, for brightening up the pits!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey hey! Thanks for the mention in the blog! Even if it was in the same mention as Sandy beating Dad. We need to avoid each other a little better at Farmington. See you there!

Jeff Miles said...

Hey Hey it is a Race Track supprot vehicle not a......whatever you called it!!!! LMAO

By the way the Wilkins Wheels are going on the Vette for the first race this week so be expecting some good news,I HOPE!

Jeff

Jeff Miles said...

well heck I can't even spell, RACE TRACK SUPPORT VEHICLE, lol